(also known as Auto-Responders or Follow-Up Sequences)
Drip Campaigns are a series of emails that get sent based only on time. For example:
- Welcome Email – Sent on Day 0
- Introduction – Sent on Day 1
- Feature Benefits – Sent on Day 3
- Free Webinar – Send on Day 6
This works really well to educate customers with everything your companies offer. Some companies have over 365 follow up emails (1 for every day of the year!)
This is a series of emails that get sent based on what the lead has done. For example:
- New lead signs up for a free eBook, email is sent with Free eBook – Sent on Day 0
- New lead visits the website a 2nd time, email about a free webinar is sent – Sent on Day 10
- New lead visits website a 3rd time (after webinar), salesperson gets a triggered email about a new “Hot Lead”, automatic email is sent to new lead to sign up for a “Free Live Demo” that is personally addressed from the salesperson
What is right for you?
If you are just getting started with email marketing, I would start with drip campaigns. This is really easy to setup and doesn’t require any logic or analytics setup. Drip campaigns can keep customers in the loop automatically.
If you are looking to take things to the next level and you have a sales team or your product costs over $200/mo. I suggest thinking about lead nurturing. If setup correctly lead nurturing can help you identify and convert your best leads automatically! Checkout Digioh’s latest lead nurturing analytics and let us know if you are interested in learning more 🙂